Vava furniture fire outbreak not caused by KEDCO’s supply – Investigation

0
63

The Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) says fire outbreak that engulfed the building accommodating vava furniture was caused by electricity powered by the generator located within the building not KEDCO’s supply.

According to investigation report by KEDCO’s Health, Safety and Environment unit, it was revealed that there was no power supply from KEDCO to the building as at the time of the incident.

This is contained in a statement issued to newsmen by the Deputy General Manager
Corporate Communications, KEDCO, Ibrahim Sani-Shawai on Thursday in Kano.

Read Also: Fire razes furniture company in Kano

Read Also: Building collapse claims 2 lives, injured other in Kano

He said the investigation showed that vava furniture building receives power supply from Ahmadu Bello 11KV feeder through Gongoni 500KVA distribution transformer located near Gongoni company and the feeder was out since 0834hours and was restored around 1507hours on the 4th of October, while the fire incident happened around 1030hours of the same day.

“This signified that there was no supply from KEDCO to the building at the time of the incident, however, the building had electricity from a generator within the building complex; meaning that the fire may have been caused by the electricity supply from the generator triggered by the faulty electrical wiring.

“The fire did not emanate from KEDCO hence we are committed to the safety of lives and property of our customers”,he said in the statement.

Sani-Shawai advised its customers to ensure that wiring of electricity at home, shop and office are done by experts in order to avoid such occurrences.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here